Sei (pronounced “sigh”) whales are some of the largest animals on the planet, and one of the fastest whales in the sea. Using its unique baleen to filter krill and other creatures from seawater, it can consume up to 1,000 lbs. of food in a single day.
- Scientific Name: Balaenoptera borealis
- Characteristics: This long and slender whale features the erect dorsal fin and single ridge on the top of its head (rostrum) that separates it from similar species like the fin whale and Bryde’s whale. This hand painted figure features tiny pale whiter ovals to represent the scarring these whales often receive due to bites from the tiny cookie cutter shark.
- Size and Color: This figure is 7 ¾ inches long and 1 ¼ inches high, about the length of a standard pair of scissors. Its body is a dark blue gray above that fades to white below, with a pockmarking of pale oval spots along the length of its body.
- The Sei Whale is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.