Wild Safari® Prehistoric World Dinosaur Toys
Tyrannosaurus rex was one of the largest known theropod dinosaur. It lived in what is now western North America in the latest Cretaceous Period (68-66 million years ago). Tyrannosaurus rex, often called ‘T. rex’ because it is shorter, lived right up to the end of the Cretaceous Period, so was one of the last dinosaurs to have lived on earth.
- Scientific name: Tyrannosaurus rex meaning ‘tyrant lizard’ and ‘king’
- Characteristics: Tyrannosaurus, was large (at least 40 feet long), stout and muscular (5-6 metric tons). It ran on its thick hind legs. Its huge jaws contained lots of sharp, six inch long teeth. Each tooth had a serrated blade on both the front and back edges that could easily have cut through any prey. Its front limbs were tiny and its hands had only two little fingers. We don’t know what these fingers were for, but they were far too small and weak to walk on, fight off other dinosaurs, or grasp prey.
- Size and color: This model is 7 inches long and 4 inches high. Like many living lizards, it is a dark green in its upper parts, and a light tan color underneath.
- The Tyrannosaurus Rex is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free