Two-Toed Sloth Toy
Interestingly enough, the two-toed sloth actually has three toes on its feet! A more accurate name for this creature would be the “two-fingered sloth,” because they have two fingers on their front two limbs, which are more akin to arms with hands rather than legs with feet.
- History: While you might think a sloth’s super slow speed is a disadvantage when it comes to surviving in the wild, it actually allows them to survive on extremely low-energy diets. Also, because sloths move so slowly, they rarely attract attention from predators and can blend into the tree canopy where they spend most of their time. Despite their adorable appearance and gentle temperament, sloths do not make greats pets and are instead best observed with our scientifically true-to-life figurines!
- Scientific Name: Choloepus hoffmanni
- Characteristics:Docile, friendly, and quite slow, the two-toed sloth can be found hanging upside down from trees in South and Central America. Crafted by professionals and painted with immaculate precision, this two-toed sloth toy figurine is exceptional as a gift for a nature enthusiast, as decoration for your desk or nightstand, or even as a toy for imaginative play!
- Size: There are actually 2 species of two-toed sloths, and this two-toed sloth toy figurine captures the physical appearance of the Hoffman’s two-toed sloth, which includes a light tan face with a light brown body. 2.25 inches wide and 2.25 inches tall, both dimensions of this model are about the size of the length of a stick of lip balm.
- The Two-Toed Sloth is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free