Named after the harpies of Greek Mythology, harpy eagles are the largest bird of prey found in the Americas, and can grow to have a wingspan of over 7 feet long. Their habitat ranges from throughout central America all the way through Argentina and Brazil.
- Scientific Name: Harpia harpyja
- Characteristics: Although harpy eagles are apex avian predators in their natural habitats, they are still occasionally preyed upon by tree-dwelling cats, including ocelots and jaguars. Hand-painted and professionally sculpted, this eagle is resting its wings while keeping an eye out for its next meal!
- Size and Color: Harpy eagles always have gray head feathers, striped legs, and a black chest and wings, although the shades and prevalence of these colors can vary. 3 inches long and 2 inches tall, this figurine is about the size of a deck of cards on its side.
- The Harpy Eagle is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free