See how others use our toys here.
Named after the harpies of Greek Mythology, harpy eagles are the largest bird of prey found in the Americas, and can grow to have a wingspan of over 7 feet long. Their habitat ranges from throughout central America all the way through Argentina and Brazil.
- Scientific Name: Harpia harpyja
- Characteristics: Although harpy eagles are apex avian predators in their natural habitats, they are still occasionally preyed upon by tree-dwelling cats, including ocelots and jaguars. Hand-painted and professionally sculpted, this eagle is resting its wings while keeping an eye out for its next meal!
- Size and Color: Harpy eagles always have gray head feathers, striped legs, and a black chest and wings, although the shades and prevalence of these colors can vary. 3 inches long and 2 inches tall, this figurine is about the size of a deck of cards on its side.
- The Harpy Eagle is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free