The three-horned Triceratops is the most famous – and most gigantic – of all the horned dinosaurs. This iconic animal browsed for plants in North America during the Late Cretaceous, 65 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Triceratops horridus
- Characteristics: Triceratops is best known for its horns: a short one on its nose, and a long horn over each eye. Triceratops has a curved beak, and a solid bony frill on the back of its head. It walked on four short robust legs. Its front legs have five toes, of which three have blunt claws, and the hind feet have four large toes with hoof-like claws. At 26 ft long it was one of the largest horned dinosaurs.
- Size and Color: This model is 8 inches long and 2.75 inches high. It is colored in natural shades of green and brown.
- The Triceratops is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free