Pteranodon Baby Toy
Pteranodon was a huge flying reptile with a wingspan of over 20 feet. It belonged to an extinct group of reptiles called pterosaurs. Pterosaurs were not dinosaurs, but were closely related. Pteranodon lived during the Cretaceous Period, about 86 million years ago in what is now western North America. Although Pteranodon and other pterosaurs resembled modern bats, they were not related.
- Scientific Name: Pteranodon, meaning roughly ‘toothless wing’.
- Characteristics: Pteranodon had no teeth, only a long, slender beak. The skull has a long crest that projects upward and backward. The function of the crest is uncertain, but we do know that the size and shape of the crest is different in males and females, so it was most likely used as a display structure during courtship, and may also have been useful as a rudder during flight. This baby Pteranodon is too young to fly or to look for a mate, so the crest is still small.
- Size and Color: This Pteranodon baby toy model is 2 inches long with a 2 wingspan. The adult colors have not yet developed, so this Pteranodon baby toy is still pink, like a baby bird still in its nest.
- The Pteranodon Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free