See how others use our toys here.
Monolophosaurus was a medium sized theropod dinosaur (about 16 feet long) that lived during the Middle Jurassic Period (about 165 million years ago) in what is now China.
- Scientific Name: Monolophosaurus, meaning ‘single-crested lizard’
- Characteristics: The most conspicuous characteristic of Monolophosaurus is the single crest on the top of the animal’s head. Although Monolophosaurus looks a bit like the more famous Tyrannosaurus rex, it is much smaller and more primitive. Although it is bipedal, its front limbs are still quite large, and the hands still have three strong fingers that would have been useful in grasping prey. In these characteristics, it is more similar to, and more closely related to more primitive theropods like Allosaurus and Ceratosaurus.
- Size and Color: This model is 7.5 inches long and 5 inches high. Like many living reptiles, it is darkly colored (in this case dark brown), with a lighter colored underparts.
- The Monolophosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free