Stegosaurus was a large plant-eating dinosaur that lived during the Upper Jurassic (155-150 million years ago) in what it now western North America. It had an unusually small head and very short front legs. Stegosaurus was armed with a spiked tail and had two rows of large bony plates on its back.
- Scientific Name: Stegosaurus, meaning ‘covered lizard’ for the bony plates that covers its back.
- Characteristics: Very young Stegosaurus were quite similar to the adults except that their heads are relatively larger, and their tail spikes and back plates were smaller. It is possible that the babies were protected from predators by the adults, and so didn’t need their tail spikes to ward off attacks.
- Size and Color: This model is 3 inches long and 1.75 inches high. Similar to the adult, it has a red-brown back and yellow belly and legs to allow it to blend into the background.
- The Stegosaurus Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free