Tinkers, also known as Gypsy Horses, Gypsy Vanners, and Irish Cobs, are a breed of horse developed by the Roma people to pull their caravans. They are usually piebald in pattern, with a long straight mane and “feathering” around their feet which gives the bottom of their legs a shaggy appearance.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: With its long straight mane, swept to one side, and the unique feathering around its feet, this Tinker is a striking figure. It is individually hand-painted and beautifully sculpted to capture all the fine details of the horse breed it’s based upon.
- Size and Color: The Tinker figure is 6 inches long from the tip of its snout to the end of its flowing tail, and stands 4 ¼ inches tall to the point of its ears. Its mane is black and white, its coat is a piebald brown and white, and its hooves are a dark grey, hidden under its feathered ankles. Its nose is black and pale pink.
- The Tinker is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.