A sow is a female pig that has given birth. Hundreds of different breeds of pigs exist, all sharing similar birthing habits, despite their difference in size and color. Gestation for sows is a shade under 4 months, and, if allowed, they will prepare a nest before giving birth.
- Scientific Name: Sus domesticus
- Characteristics: This sow likely lives in a herd with several other sows, and her litter of eight to twelve piglets can’t be far away. Piglets feed every hour, so this sow’s life is a busy one.
- Size and Color: Technically considered white, this sow displays the light pink coloration common in about half of all pig breeds. She measures 4 inches long and 2 inches high, slightly smaller than an eraser.
- The Sow is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.