A piglet is any young pig, while a litter is a group of piglets born together. The smallest piglet in the litter truly is called the runt, while any pig still nursing is called a sucker. The time between birth and weaning is known as farrowing, and young pigs that are weaned are known as shoats.
- Scientific Name: Sus domesticus
- Characteristics: This adorable piglet looks like a Chester White, an easy-going breed that originated in Pennsylvania. It could be sitting for many reasons, but pigs are smart enough to be trained.
- Size and Color: Many breeds of pigs, including this piglet’s type, look pink, even though they have white fur. This sitting piglet measure 1 ¾ inches tall and long, making it about the size of a plum.
- The Sitting Piglet is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.