The Red Panda lives in the forests of the Himalayas and China, spending much of its time in trees eating bamboo and other plants, as well as the occasional small animal.
- History: The Red Panda has a long and complicated history in the Animal Kingdom. It has previously been believed to be a member of the bear family, closely related to the panda, and it has also been placed in the raccoon family. However, both of these relationships proved to be false, and the truth is that the Red Panda belongs in its own family, the Ailuridae - it is a “living fossil” with no close living relatives, although it is closer aligned with raccoons, skunks, and weasels, and only very distantly related to the Giant Panda.
- Scientific Name: Ailurus fulgens
- Characteristics: This Red Panda figure is highly detailed and scientifically accurate, showcasing the unique features of this distinctive animal, including its striped tail and masked face.
- Size: This figure measures 8 inches long and 3 inches tall, about the size of a pair of standard scissors.
- The Red Panda is part of the Wild Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free