See how others use our toys here.
The North American porcupine is one of the largest rodent species on the continent, and uses modified hairs known as quills to defend itself from attack. When that doesn’t work, they can use their tree-climbing skills or emit a skunk-like odor to deter predators.They can have up to 30,000 quills covering their body.
- Scientific Name: Erethizon dorsatum
- Characteristics: This porcupine is sculpted in a walking pose, trundling its way through its woodland habitat. It is hand painted and sculpted in fine detail with its quills extended to ward off anyone who gives it trouble. But don’t worry, the quills on this figure won’t hurt you!
- Size and Color: This figure measures 3 1/2 inches long and is 1 3/4 inches high. It’s about as long as a credit card stood on its side, and just a bit shorter. It features a dark brown base color, with lighter brown to accent its quills.
- The Porcupine is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.