Like the Brahma, the Ongole is a breed derived from the domestic Zebu, a type of cattle native to India. They are easily identified by their long, drooping ears, rearward facing horns and large shoulder hump.
- Scientific Name: Bos indicus
- Characteristics: This Ongole cow displays the trademarks of Zebu derived breeds, including a hump of muscle behind its neck and large, drooping ears. It also has a flap of loose skin around its chest called a dewlap.
- Size and Color: At 5 inches long and 3 ½ inches high, this Ongole cow is is about the length of a soda can on its side. It is largely white, with gray on its hooves and horns. Its udders and the inside of its ears are pink, and its nose, eyes and tail are black.
- The Ongole Cow is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.