Microraptor was a small, feathered dinosaur that occupied the forested wetlands of early Cretaceous China. About the size of a raven, it had large feathers on its arms and legs. Despite its bird-like appearance, Microraptor also had several features typical of dinosaurs, including rows of sharp teeth, claws on its hands, and a long, bony tail. This species helped prove that dinosaurs and birds are closely related.
- Scientific Name: Microraptor gui
- Characteristics: Microraptor is renowned for the long feathers that were present on both its arms and legs. This four-winged dinosaur had jaws that were filled with tiny, sharp, serrated teeth and a long, feathered tail.
- Size and Color: This figure has a wingspan of 7 inches and is 5.25 inches long. It has a bird-like black plumage similar to modern crows and ravens.
- The Microraptor is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free