Mantas are the largest members of the superorder Batoidea, commonly known as rays. Despite their large size (up to 20 feet across), manta rays pose no threat to humans and only feed on tiny organisms such as krill and plankton.
- Scientific Name: Genus Manta
- Characteristics: This manta ray is engaged in filter feeding behavior, with its mouth open wide to consume massive amounts of water which it will then filter to separate the shrimp and other small organisms it eats. This hand-painted figure’s fins are raised in mid-flap, reflecting the motions it uses to propel itself through the sea.
- Size and Color: This figure features a 4 ½ inch wide wingspan and is 5 ¾ inches long from the fins around its mouth to the tip of its tail, making it about the size of a soda can. Its body is black with white markings on its tail, wingtips and head. Its underside is white.
- The Manta Ray is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.