See how others use our toys here.
The King Vulture is a large bird found in Central and South America. Like all New World vultures, it is a scavenger that feeds mostly on carrion, and features a head mostly lacking in feathers to make it easier to keep clean as it feeds. The King Vulture is noteworthy for its striking, brightly colored head, which features vibrant hues like orange, red and yellow.
- Scientific Name: Sarcoramphus papa
- Characteristics: King Vultures are known for their brightly colored, unfeathered heads. This particular vulture is in a hunched pose, perched on a rocky outcropping, with its wings spread. Scientifically accurate and hand-painted, this figure is full of intricate details.
- Size and Color: This figure measures just about 4 ¾ inches from wing tip to wing tip. It’s just under 3 inches high and about 2 ¾ inches from its beak to the tip of its tail, about the size of a small index card. Our King Vulture figure features the bird’s distinctive white and black plumage, as well as the unique pinks, reds, oranges and yellows seen on its bald head. Its legs feature light gray scales and dark gray talons, and it stands on a rocky base painted in shades of gray.
- The King Vulture is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free