Covered in armor and weighing up to 13,000 lbs., Ankylosaurus was the tank of the dinosaur world. It’s name means “fused lizard”, because the bones in its skull and many other areas are fused together, making this dinosaur that much tougher and harder. Add a tail club for good measure, and you’ve got a creature that most predators would think twice about messing with!
- Scientific Name: Ankylosaurus magniventris
- Characteristics: Ankylosaurus was covered in bony protective plates, and this hand-painted figure reflects that feature in exacting detail. Its tail club is raised defensively, as if preparing to strike at an attacking foe.
- Size and Color: The Ankylosaurus is 7 1/2 inches long and 2 ½ inches high to the tip of his raised tail. It’s a bit longer than a soda can on its side, and about as wide. Its back features brown dermal plates on a darker brown upper body, with a light yellowish-brown below.
- The Ankylosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.