See how others use our toys here.
Bison are the largest land mammal in North America. There are two subspecies of American bison, the plains and woods bison, though the plains bison is more numerous and well-known. The European bison, a separate species, is similar, but has longer legs and a less hairy body. Both species of bison were brought to the brink of extinction in the early 20th century, but recovery efforts have helped them to bounce back.
- Scientific Name: Bison bison bison
- Characteristics: The bison is the largest mammal on the North American continent, so it’s a perfect fit for our Wildlife Wonders line. This hand-painted figure is packed with accurate details, including a heavy coat on its head and the front of its body, and a shorter coat on the rear half. Though bison can briefly reach speeds of over 35 miles per hour, this figure won’t charge you. He’s content to just hang out on your shelf!
- Size and Color: This bison figure is 8 ¼ inches long and 4 ¾ inches tall. It’s about as long as the width of a standard sheet of paper. Its coloration features many shades of brown, from the lighter brown on its shaggy back and horns to the medium tones of the rear portions of its body, to the dark brown of its head and hooves.
- The Bison is part of the Wildlife Wonders™ collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free