The Sumatran rhino is the smallest living rhinoceros species, and is notable for the reddish brown hair on its body, unlike most other rhinos which are mostly hairless. Sumatran rhinos live only in Sumatra and Borneo, and are critically endangered.
- Scientific Name: Dicerorhinus sumatrensis
- Characteristics: This hand-painted figure captures all the unique traits of the rare Sumatran rhino: its reddish brown hair, its small size (for a rhino) and its small pair of blunt nose horns. This little fella is posed as if on the move, perhaps trudging through the cloud forests it calls home.
- Size and Color: The Sumatran rhino figure is 4 ½ inches from nose to tail, and stands just a hair over 2 inches tall. It’s a bit longer than a deck of cards on its side and as tall as a credit card. This figure is reddish brown with darker brown accents on the hairy areas of its back, legs and sides. Its toenails and horns are grayish brown, with black on the eyes, nostrils and mouth.
- The Sumatran Rhino is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.