Wild Safari® Wildlife
At first glance, the pygmy hippopotamus may look like the baby of its relative, the common hippopotamus. However, it is fully grown at about half the size and a quarter of the weight of its larger cousin. Its nostrils are also less prominent, because it spends much less time in an aquatic environment than the common hippo.
- Scientific Name: Choeropsis liberiensis
- Characteristics: This small pygmy hippo figure is posed in mid walk, as if trekking through the forests it calls home. This hand-painted and highly detailed figure reflects the hippo’s rotund body, small legs and textured, pebbly skin.
- Size and Color: The pygmy hippo figure measures 3 ¼ inches long and 1 ¾ inches tall. It’s approximately the size of a credit card. This figure is painted with a dark rich brown above, fading to a lighter peach color underneath. Its eyes are an orange-brown with black pupils, and its toenails are a dark brown.
- The Pygmy Hippo is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.