This seal’s common name doesn’t only refer to its spots – it’s also one of the top predators in the Antarctic, just like the big cat its named for. Don’t let its reptile-like shape fool you – the leopard seal is most definitely a mammal.
- Scientific Name: Hydrurga leptonyx
- Characteristics: This leopard seal is relaxing on its side, with its head raised to investigate whoever may be wandering nearby. The seal’s sleek form and distinctive elongated head are both captured in exacting detail in this hand-painted figure.
- Size and Color: Our leopard seal measures 5 3/4 inches long and 1 1/4 inches to the top its raised head. It’s about as long as a permanent marker, though it’s about twice as thick. Its back is a dark grey color, with a white underside and its namesake spots around the transition area between colors.
- The Leopard Seal is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.