Tyrannosaurus rex was a huge theropod dinosaur that lived in what is now western North America in the Upper Cretaceous Period (68-66 million years ago). Tyrannosaurus rex, or ‘T. rex’ for short, died with all of the other remaining dinosaurs in the great extinction event at the end of the Cretaceous Period.
- Scientific name: Tyrannosaurus rex meaning ‘tyrant lizard’ and ‘king’
- Characteristics: Tyrannosaurus, at least 40 feet long, and 5-6 metric tons in weight, was one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs to have ever lived. Its huge jaws contained lots of sharp, six inch long teeth that it used to tear apart prey. It walked on its hind legs, using its long tail to balance its huge head.
- Size and color: This model is 8 inches long and 4.25 inches high. Like many living lizards, it is a dark green in its upper parts, and a lighter green color underneath.
- The Tyrannosaurus Rex is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free