Wild Safari® Prehistoric World
Smilodon is better known as the sabre-toothed cat. This large muscular feline had massive dagger-like fangs and is well known from thousands of skeletons excavated from the Rancho La Brea tar pits of California. Smilodon hunted for prey in North and South America before it became extinct about 12 thousand years ago.
- Scientific Name: Smilodon fatalis
- Characteristics: Smilodon was a strong meat-eating cat best known for its long curved canine teeth. It had longer front legs than hind legs, and had a short tail. It had sharp claws on its hands and feet, and reached 6.5 feet long, about the size of a modern lion.
- Size and Color: This figure is 4 inches long and 3 inches high. It has yellow fur with black stripes like some modern large cats.
- The Smilodon is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free