See how others use our toys here.
Wild Safari® Prehistoric World Dinosaur Toys
Tylosaurus was a ferocious marine lizard that powered itself through the water with sweeping motions of its long body and fish-like tail. At a massive 46 ft long, it was about the size of a humpback whale and one of the largest mosasaurs. It lived in the Western Interior Seaway of North America during the Late Cretaceous, from about 75 to 85 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Tylosaurus proriger
- Characteristics: The predatory Tylosaurus had a long, streamlined body and a large skull with pointed jaws filled with sharp, conical teeth. The bases of the teeth in large individuals could be the size of a clenched human fist. It had extra rows of teeth on the roof of its mouth to hold struggling prey. Its limbs were broad, flattened flippers and its long tail probably ended with an expanded lobe to provide extra thrust.
- Size and Color: This fishy reptile model is 9.25 inches long and 1.5 inches high. Its stunning yellow and black stripes are reminiscent of some modern day sea snakes.
- The Tylosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free