See how others use our toys here.
Wild Safari® Prehistoric World Dinosaur Toys
Prestosuchus was a predatory reptile that lived during the Triassic Period in South America around 240 million years ago. It could grow over 20 feet long and had a massive head full of sharp teeth. Despite its dinosaur-like appearance, it was actually a rauisuchid, closely related to Postosuchus. Rauisuchids were not dinosaurs, but ancient relatives of crocodiles.
- Scientific Name: Prestosuchus chiniquensis (“Prestes Crocodile” after paleontologist Vicentino Prestes de Almeida)
- Characteristics: Prestosuchus walked mostly on four legs, with its limbs held erect beneath its body. Its head was very large with a deep skull, and it was likely covered in scales similar to its crocodile relatives.
- Size and Color: This figure measures 9 inches long and about 2 ½ inches tall, about the size of a pair of scissors. Prestosuchus is hand-painted with dark brown on its back, fading to lighter brown on its sides and a cream color below. Irregular black markings cover its body.
- The Prestosuchus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free