See how others use our toys here.
Wild Safari® Prehistoric World Dinosaur Toys
Megacerops was very similar to modern day rhinos, but was not closely related. It actually belonged to a group of prehistoric animals called Brontotheres (“Thunder Beasts”). These animals were larger than today’s rhinos, and were the largest land mammals alive during the Eocene epoch. They lived around 35 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Megacerops (“Large Horned Face”)
- Characteristics: This Megacerops is proudly holding his forked nose-horn high for all to see. Maybe he wants to impress some females! Individually hand-painted and sculpted based on the most current scientific research, this figure is incredibly detailed right down to its pebbly hide.
- Size and Color: The figure measures 3 ¾ inches tall to the tip of its horn, and 6 ½ inches long to the tip of its tail. It’s slightly larger than a standard index card. The main colors used are a pale grayish brown for the hide, with a darker gray to bring out details. The inside of its ears are pink, its eyes are brown, and the tip of its tail is a dark brown. Its toenails are dark grey.
- The Megacerops is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.