Though it was quite dolphin-like in appearance, the Ichthyosaurus is actually a marine reptile, living in the Late Triassic to Early Jurassic Period. These sleek creatures grew up to 11 feet long, and gave birth to live young.
- Scientific Name: Ichthyosaurus (“Fish Lizard”)
- Characteristics: This Icthyosaurus figure may look like a dolphin, but it was actually a reptile! This figure features the characteristic long snow, large eyes, wide flippers, and shark-like tail of these unique marine prehistoric reptiles.
- Size and Color: This figure is 7 ½ inches long and 2 ½ inches to the top of its dorsal fin. It’s about the size of a pair of scissors. Its coloration features counter-shaded black above and white below, with wavy white stripes along its sides. Its eyes are golden with black pupils.
- The Ichthyosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free