Jellyfish - 192 pcs - Good Luck Minis®
- History: The so-called “mauve stinger” is quite beautiful, and its scientific name means “nightlight of the sea” as its bright colors and translucent body appear to glow in the dark. However, despite its beauty it can be quite dangerous when it comes into contact with humans. Increasing numbers of this jellyfish in areas like the Mediterranean Sea are causing concern, as their painful sting threatens to discourage tourists from entering the water.
- Scientific Name: Pelagia noctiluca
- Characteristics: Though tiny, these jellyfish are full of life-like detail from their “bell” (main body) to their tentacles. Unlike the real thing, these tiny jellyfish won’t sting you!
- Size: These jellies are about an inch and a half long, and are molded in a translucent pink plastic to accurately represent the look of the Pelagia noctiluca.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- 192 Pieces Per Bag. Only Available in Bulk Purchase.
This brightly colored jellyfish is known as the “mauve stinger” in Europe due to its common pinkish hue and painful sting. Their colors can vary from pink to yellow to tan, and they are found in offshore waters in all the world’s warm oceans