Guanlong is the earliest known tyrannosauroid - the group of dinosaurs that includes Tyrannosaurus rex. This crested species is known only from northwestern China, where it hunted small prey during the Late Jurassic, 160 million years ago.
- History: Guanlong was discovered in the Wukaiwan area of the Jungaar Basin, northwestern China. It was named by Chinese palaeontologist Xu Xing and colleagues in 2006. It was given the name Guanlong, which means ‘crowned dragon’, in reference to the stunning ornamental crest on top of its head.
- Scientific Name: Guanlong wucaii
- Characteristics: Guanlong is a moderately sized two-legged carnivorous dinosaur about ten feet long and three feet tall. It has a long tail, and long arms with three-fingered hands. It has a distinctive crest on the top of its skull, as our Guanlong toy reflects, and sharp claws and teeth to help it to catch and kill small prey.
- Size: This Guanlong toy model is 4.88 inches long and 2.54 inches high.
- The Guanlong is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
*Please note, this item is a Hot Deal. It cannot be returned or exchanged. The discount you see cannot be combined with any promo code or other offers.