Harpy Eagle Toy
Named after the harpies of Greek Mythology, harpy eagles are the largest bird of prey found in the Americas, and can grow to have a wingspan of over 7 feet long. Their habitat ranges from throughout central America all the way through Argentina and Brazil.
- History: Despite being found in an extremely large range of habitats, the harpy eagle’s population has declined considerably in the past few decades. Due to human activities like logging, prospecting, and agricultural expansion, the harpy eagle is suffering from a loss of its natural habitat. Although exact numbers are not known, the harpy eagle is thought to be quickly approaching the “threatened” classification on the animal conservation status spectrum.
- Scientific Name: Harpia harpyja
- Characteristics: Although harpy eagles are apex avian predators in their natural habitats, they are still occasionally preyed upon by tree-dwelling cats, including ocelots and jaguars. Professionally painted and sculpted, this harpy eagle toy is resting its wings while keeping an eye out for its next meal!
- Size: 3 inches long and 2 inches tall, this harpy eagle toy figurine is about the size of a deck of cards on its side.
- The Harpy Eagle is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free