Holsteins are incredibly popular dairy cows, making up 90% of the dairy herds in the U.S. today. A newborn calf weighs 90 pounds and will consume 50 pounds of food each day during its initial growth spurt until it gets up to an average weight of 1400 pounds.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: Like all calves, this Holstein has disproportionally longer legs, a shorter tail, and shorter snout. Otherwise, it’s very similar to its parents.
- Size and Color: This Holstein calf is black and white and measures 3 ¼ inches long, almost exactly the length of a credit card.
- The Holstein Calf is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.